Thursday, November 17, 2011

A Diary Entry from the Other Side


                                                                                                12/16/11

Dear  Diary,

Few people care what I think or do anymore.  It’s all about Em. She stole my body and my job and now I’m nothing.  She doesn’t get it.  I don’t have the other things she has. I’m not smart. I don’t have people who care about me for what I am on the inside.  It was always about my looks.  No one ever liked me as a person, and now that I’m not in that body, I’m nothing.  I despise Em, she has everything and doesn’t even appreciate it.  She thinks I’m a brat because she thinks I just care about looks. But I don’t. I just want people to like me for what I am and what I’ve worked for.  It was my dream, my purpose to move to NYC and become a supermodel.  It’s so hard to see someone in your body doing the thing you loved most and following your dream.  Now I have no purpose and nothing to do. Em is doing it all.


I know that I will never have what I had before.  I know that what I did was wrong.  I shouldn’t have blackmailed my boss. I wasn’t thinking. But I refuse to believe that I deserve this punishment.  No one does!  It’s so unreal.  I woke up after months of recovering from surgery and I wasn’t in my body.  I wasn’t a gorgeous supermodel. I was an unknown girl who died.  I thought it was worse than what could’ve happened to me.  I could’ve been dead.  Em was in my body! I hated her! But I hated Robert Stark more and still do.  Robert Stark is an evil, crazy man.  What he is doing is immoral.  Project Pheonix is wrong.  How could he kill innocent people and put his old “shareholders” brains in their bodies.  But, of course, he could do something as horrible as that. He did it to me and Em. We were the first test of Project Phoenix except he tried to have me killed.  But he failed and now I will take him down and expose his crime to everyone and put him behind bars once and for all! If only I had Em and her friends on my side.  She is smart. Everyone would help her.  It’s just so hard to be nice to the girl who is in your body and living your dream. 

Nikki


This diary entry is not from the point of view of the protagonist Em.  It’s from the point of view of Nikki, the girl whose body Em’s brain is in. Throughout the series Nikki treats Em terribly. My theory is that Nikki is jealous of Em because she has everything Nikki wants.  Nikki isn’t really the spoiled brat that she’s thought to be.  She’s smarter than it seems. She’s worked hard her whole life for the things she wants. I don’t think she’s as selfish as she seems.  I’m trying to understand her point of view. She was almost killed and has lost her career and life as she knows it. She doesn’t know she has anyone on her side except for Em who represents everything she lost. Nikki and Em do have the same goal: to once and for all expose Robert Stark as the murderer he is. If Nikki could stop blaming Em, they could work together to take down their mutual nemesis. 






3 comments:

  1. This is a really good post! I could tell you thought a lot about what Nikki feels like, and the post seems like a real diary entry. It really shows how Nikki feels. Great job! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you put yourself in Nikki's shoes. I think that to really understand a character, first you have to understand what makes them tick. You are very open to Nikki and trying to figure out that she's not just a stuck-up brat, but a person who works for things. You also did well on describing how you think the conflict could be resolved. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you wrote it in a diary form. And I really liked how this time you wrote about the point of view from the other character. Great post :)

    ReplyDelete