Friday, October 28, 2011

Learning from my peers

I read Kiana's  and Regina's blogs.

Kiana's blog was about a girl whose boyfriend died and how the character felt guilty. Kiana's focus was why the book was meaningful to her. Kiana explains this idea by saying how the main character is powerful and expressive. She also thinks the layout and the title of the book are meaningful.  I admired how Kiana wasn't just summarizing the book, there is more to a blog post than just a summary. I also liked how Kiana backed up her focus, using evidence stating that the title and layout were meaningful. That's an interesting spin instead of just focusing on the plot. Kiana did this by explaining that  the layout was like the character's secret book of poems. All in all, Kiana did a really good job with the focus of her blog and making a unique point. Kiana's blog gave me the idea to look at the format of the books I read to better understand the author's purpose.

I also read Regina's blog that focused on her book's  message. The message of treating people the way you want to be treated was interesting  because it was similar to the focus of my blog post. Unlike my fiction book Regina's book was clearly a fantasy/sci-fi book, which I usually have trouble relating to. But, Regina's book's message was very relatable to the real world. Her post was also clear and very understandable. Therefore, I could  connect her book to my book and myself. I learned a lot about  kiana and Regina's books from their posts, as well as different ideas that I could write about in future blog posts.


No comments:

Post a Comment